According to studies made over the last 10-15-yrs by McEwen & Seeman (1999), McEwen & Lasky (2002), Segerstrom & Miller (2004), and Kopp & Rethelyi (2004) … it’s believed that almost every major illness that people acquire is due to chronic stress
Stress Phase A (1) – Regeneration Phase B (2)
[captionpix align=”left” width=”350″ imgalt=”The Two Phases Of Disease” imgsrc=”http://www.kickthedietinghabit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/META-Health-Two-Phases-Of-Disease.jpg” captiontext=”The Two Phases Of Disease”]
META-Health (recently changed it’s name from META-Medicine to META-Health) tells us there are 2-phases to the disease process:
These consist of a Stress Phase A (Sympathetic) and a Healing Phase B (Parasympathetic) but the link only started to be made during the 1950-60’s (Penfold) and again in the 1970’s (Hamer).
It provides the key to learning what’s stopping you from living a disease-free life. It also helps us welcome disease symptoms, because they hold intelligent, sometimes intricate information the brain and mind are endeavouring to convey to us through the physical or mental body.
And by-the-way META-Health contains fantastic information for the Mental Health arena that could be implemented now, thus benefiting those who wish to be symptom and of course drug-free.
Based on the three embryological germ brain layers this model of understanding shows how inter-connected the brain and body are.
If you saw the article on Low Self Esteem you’ll remember that when something unexpected and dramatic happens where you feel isolated and unsure how to cope. This subsequently has the potential to impact the body, the mind, the social world, the spiritual realm and the immediate environment with far-reaching consequences.
By discovering the catalyst and unraveling the emotional / stress-laden cause, that your body is endeavouring to communicate, you can become healthy and energised again.
The Two Phases Of Disease
The 2-phases of disease are broken into 9-stages):
- Pt 1 finds you in good health (whatever that is for you)
- Pt 2 Something happens and we call it a U.D.I.N. or an upset. This can be something as simple as someone’s tone of voice, a look someone give’s you, something they say
- Pt 3 is the STRESS Phase and the indicators are interrupted sleep, erratic eating patterns, cold hands and feet, raised blood pressure, obsessive thinking
- Pt 4 is the Reversal Point where something happens to relieve the original UDIN, i.e. that person makes it up with you, or you leave the stressful situation in some way, like being away from work when you go on holiday
- Pt 5 is the REGENERATION Phase and this is often when you notice physical symptoms for the first time and head for the doctors office. Let’s take a cold as an example, where the body aches and lots of fluid builds and leaves the system quickly, through sweating, mucous, raised temperature, etc
- Pt 6 is theHealing Crisis (HC) which happens when the symptoms are at their peak and would be where the temperature is highest, the body aches the most. In our common cold example this is where it may turn into a worse infection, and is the most vulnerable period of any illness, especially when it comes to serious diseases
- Pt 7 shows the body coming out of the H C, the symptoms start to diminish. The worst is over but there’s a need for warmth, sleep, replenishment and plenty of water
- Pt 8 is when convalescence is needed to reintegrate all parts of the system back into wellness and is when we often over-ride the signal by going back to work too soon
- Pt 9 is when normal service is resumed as your optimum health levels return to whatever your ‘norm’ is
Why Does Disease Come Back
So if it’s that simple why do illnesses keep coming back?
The reason that chronic illness returns again and again is that each time a particular pattern is triggered by a situation, person, etc, the subconscious triggers the illness symptoms in order to resolve whatever you need to learn or grow from, and yes it presents an opportunity for personal growth too.
Sounds a bit bonkers, but if you can suspend your disbelief for a moment, and think about it, especially if you allow yourself to consider full-on stressful events that have occurred in the past and found that symptoms followed either fairly immediately or over times (there are two ways this process works dependent on the brain layer : organ tissue involved – but today we’re keeping it simple).
Once you resolve that particular pattern (in yourself) you can let go of the symptoms and that set of UDIN’s will disappear from your life.
There are many ways to resolve a situation! But unless we leave a triggering situation (or person) that exacerbates the UDIN, or address it in some other way, it will continually recur. It’s just the way we’re wired.
And your symptoms may get stronger or louder, because the brain, mind, body is trying to get your attention. Other conditions develop, and if you’re not listening or taking ultimate responsibility they will continue to expand. Previously people labelled this as getting old, where what is actually going on are ignored unresolved disease symptoms that the body craves to be free of.
Although the 9-parts of the Two Phases of the disease process are distinct in themselves, they don’t always run through the system as quickly as they could, i.e. we can stay in the first phase of stress for prolonged periods and the same for the regeneration phase, you’ve only to think of people who are in constant pain, which is actually a Hanging Healing.
And of course they’ll be more than one UDIN running at any one time, because we all have lots of them. This information just helps ton identify what’s going on, which is a great place to start.
This is how conditions keep running around on a loop and when you have more than one condition being re-triggered over and over again, where you might be in the first phase with one UDIN created disease while being in the second phase with another, the body gets weary. When a condition comes and goes we know it as a Chronic Disease, and the dictionary defines as:
Check Where You Are
Perhaps you’ve experienced this yourself or someone close to you has? Here’s what you can do, next time you get some symptoms, start to join-the-dots by comparing their progress against the 9-stages above. I’d like to hear what you found, I know it sounds bizarre but you actually start to welcome symptoms so you can learn from them.
One test you can do with others is to shake their hand and see if their hand is quite cold (stress phase) or quite warm (regeneration phase) and just take note! Or get them to shake your hand ans ask how it feels.
If you’ve been having symptoms and they’re impacting your quality of life in some way, then maybe you’ve had enough of them too?
And if you’re ready to have it be different, be free of it and change it, if you’re ready to address it and learn what’s been going on in your body then please contact me Jane to find out more about what’s going on in your body and how it all connects.
And you can check out Johannes Fisslinger’s kindle META-Health eBook here at Amazon, it explains what I’ve mentioned in more detail, and I’ll review that and tell you more about how META-Health and the International Association of META-Medicine came about another time! For now, take the challenge by starting to watch, even log, your body.
Here’s to becoming symptom free.