On the Matrix EFT World Summit call today we have Dr Rollin McCraty, head researcher at The HeartMath Institute discussing the research findings that the institute is unraveling, and how whatever happens to us, comes into the heart first and then travels to the brain, where the heart informs the brain how to respond through the amygdala.
He gives a lovely explanation of how whatever state of mind is your (shall we say) normal setting is the state you’ll require to feel comfortable and safe.
For example, if your comfort zone (for whatever reason) operates from a frequency of anxiety or depression, then you’ll need these sorts of situations in your life in order to feel okay.
This is referred to as the Morphic Field in Matrix Reimprinting, and this will be covered in more depth later on in the series.
But you can change it by retraining your heart coherence through some simple HeartMath exercises (and other ways of course) which changes your comfort zone, bringing calm where it was previously missing.
Here’s the exercise Rollin starts to take us through on the call,which I’ve paraphrased from their book The HeartMath Solution:
Heart Lock-In Exercise
- Find a quiet place, close your eyes, try to relax
- Shift your attention away from the mind or head, and focus it in the heart area. Pretend you’re breathing slowly through the heart for 10-15 seconds
- Remember the feeling of care or love you have for someone that it’s easy to have those feelings for
- Focus on that good feeling for 5-15 minutes
- Gently send that feeling of love, care or appreciation, to yourself and others
- If head thoughts come in, gently guide your attention back to the heart area
- If the energy becomes either too intense, or blocked (where you can’t connect), just let yourself yield and soften around the heart area to encourage relaxation
- Once you’re finished the session, write down any insights, or maybe some actions to act as a reminder to carry forwards
The interview gives us lots of references to go and check out the HeartMath research, and Rollin mentions a few, among hundreds, of the research studies they’ve published, where they’ve a large study being published soon on PTSD.
Please join in with the Matrix Reimprinting World Summit, as the calls are rolled out, I’m really enjoying the series, and hope you are too.
Let me know how you get on with the exercise.
Take the next steps
Are you ready to take some active steps towards changing your stressed out feelings, because these tools DO MAKE the difference.
P.S. I’d love to hear what you’re doing that is bringing you into more vibrant health and vitality. If you’d like to read more posts you can find the Handling Stress series here…
You can also sign up for the newsletter, for lots of tips, freebies and information where I’ll keep you updated on the latest happenings: